Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Good Friend. Bad Girlfriend.



This post is about a question that truly baffles me: Why doesnt being a good friend automatically translate into being a good girlfriend?

I really want to know. I was thinking about myself and a few friends similar to me that are single. We all are great friends; supportive, loving, understanding, etc so I wonder why then, when it comes to relationships are these qualities not enough to make it work.

I came up with the following conclusions:

EXPECTATION- Expectations, in my opinion are one of the number one relationship ruiners in the beginning stages. With friends, you know who they are and what to expect. With guys, you know what you want them to do is what you expect them to do...which HELLO is definitely rarely the case. Expectations also add pressure that is non applicable to friendships I believe.

SEX- People tend to usually not have sex with their really close friends, and this is a reason things are simple. You are not ever really expected to sleep with a friend (unless you all get down like that I suppose) but you are, at some point expected to sleep with your mate...which can lead to heightened emotions on the smallest of things...leading to issues in the relationship.

LOVE- If you have great friends, it's safe to say that you love or have love for them. Thats a no brainer. With a boyfriend, in order for it to work in the long haul you must not only love him, you must be in love with him. Being in love changing everything and with that, you must learn a new type of l-o-v-e that you may not be used to. Regardless loving a friend is not like loving your man.

Those are what I came up with so far. Have any more? I'd love to discuss this. Drop a comment or @ me on twitter with hashtag #singlegirlshxt

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best WordPress Themes