Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

What To Do When a Guy Gets Ghost on You

Casper the friendly ghost prick

This post was inspired by a Cosmopolitan article I read from the February 2012 issue. I am a former magazine hoarder who likes to go back and reread sporadically. Thats another issue though.

The article I was interested in was entitled: What to Do When a Guy Ghosts. Although the phrasing of the title is bad IMO (the phrase is to "get ghost"... or maybe thats just hood slang.lol), I wanted to know what the "experts" opinions were on what to do when a guy you're feeling disappears out of nowhere.

The advice given was that if he disappears suddenly after a few presumably good dates, then there may be some reasons why. He may be extremely busy at work, or he may be under the impression that you are not into him. They said  you should text him to see if he is busy or needs encouragement (not sure what that part means) and  if he doesnt respond enthusiastically within a 24 hour time period, then you should delete his info and keep it moving, finishing with this line: "Never put in more than you're getting in the beginning."

I usually dont agree with the advice I find in magazines, but for this one I do. I am not the only one who've talked to someone and was really starting to feel them and POOF, they disappeared. Whether  it was me, or them or whatever, they disappeared. The question after that was always where to go from there? Do you just delete everything and pretend they never existed? Do you speak if you see them out? Are you being too extreme by deleting without knowing the full story? Do you wait and keep them in your contacts "just in case" one day they realize your awesomeness? Those were always my questions.

Cosmo is absolutely right about never putting in more than you're getting in the beginning. If you are the one calling, setting dates, planning, texting first...then you may want to reeavaluate if this is the type of person you want in your life. Also, you have to consider that he just might not be that into you (I know the ego hates that though). Every relationship should be mutually beneficial in my opinion. So Im encouraging myself and other to let the Non Factors go. Delete.Delete.Delete.

If he wants to get Ghost, then good, he's just making room for someone who would love to stay around :)

Drop a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best WordPress Themes